TOOK up for consideration the Board of Supervisors of Tunica County, Mississippi, the issue of having certain property cleaned up, which property is owned by Gillie Johnson, James Johnson and/or Comimilla Johnson. After a discussion of the same, Supervisor Dunn offered and moved for the adoption of the following resolution:
RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS GIVING NOTICE TO GILLIE JOHNSON, JAMES JOHNSON AND/OR COMIMILLA JOHNSON OF A HEARING TO BE HELD BEFORE THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS CONCERNING WHETHER CERTAIN PROPERTY OWNED BY GILLIE JOHNSON, JAMES JOHNSON AND/OR COMIMILLA JOHNSON SHOULD BE DETERMINED UNCLEAN AND UNSAFE, SUCH AS TO REQUIRE THE CLEANING OF SAID PROPERTY
The Board of Supervisors of Tunica County, Mississippi, acting for and on behalf of said County, hereby finds, determines and adjudicates as follows:
1. That Gillie Johnson’s, James Johnson’s and Comimilla Johnson’s mailing address is P.O. Box 1272, Tunica, MS 38676.
2. The said property is described as follows:
The following described Lot of Plat of land, lying and being situated in the Subdivision North of the Town of Tunica, Mississippi, according to the Map or Plat thereof, on file in Plat No. One (1) page 32 of the records of Tunica County, State of Mississippi, described as follows, to-wit:
Lot Number Three (3), Block Number S, the same being in the SE 1/4 of Section 29, Township 4, Range 11 West, Tunica County, State of Mississippi.
3. That said property is located in a populated area of Tunica County.
4. That said property is alleged to be in need of cleaning as contemplated by Section 19-5-105 of the Mississippi Code of 1972, as amended.
5. That notice should be given to the property owner by United States registered mail, return receipt requested, receipted only by addressee, notifying them of a hearing to be held by the Board of Supervisors of Tunica County, Mississippi, to determine whether or not such a state of uncleanliness as to be administered to the public health and safety of the community.
6. Additionally, notice should be given by publication in The Tunica Times, a newspaper having general circulation in Tunica County, Mississippi.
NOW THEREFORE, based upon the above and foregoing, Andrew T. Dulaney, Attorney for the Board, is hereby authorized and directed to give notice to Gillie Johnson, James Johnson and/or Comimilla Johnson of a hearing to be held by the Board on July 15, 2010, at 9:00 a.m., in the Board of Supervisors’ meeting room located in the Tunica County Courthouse, 1300 School Street, Tunica, Mississippi 38676. At said hearing, the Board will determine whether or not the property owned by Gillie Johnson, James Johnson and/or Comimilla Johnson referred to above is in such a state of uncleanliness as to be a menace to the public health and safety of the community.
If said property is cleaned by the Board of Supervisors, the cost of said property cleaning will be assessed against the owner.
Following the reading of the foregoing resolution, Supervisor Burnett seconded the same. Thereupon, the matter was put to a roll call vote with the result as follows:
Supervisor James E. Dunn:
Supervisor Cedric Burnett:
Supervisor Paul Battle, III:
Supervisor Bobby E. Williams:
Supervisor William E. Pegram:
The above and foregoing having received the majority affirmative vote of the Board of Supervisors of Tunica County, Mississippi, the President declared the same carried and adopted, this the 7th day of June 2010.
/s/ William E. Pegram, President
/s/ Susie White, Clerk
6/24, 7/1, 7/8, 581