TOOK up for consideration the Board of Supervisors of Tunica County, Mississippi, the issue of having certain property cleaned up, which property is owned by John A. Ferguson, Jr.. After a discussion of the same, Supervisor Dunn offered and moved for the adoption of the following resolution:
RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS, GIVING NOTICE TO JOHN A. FERGUSON, JR. OF A HEARING TO BE HELD BEFORE THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS CONCERNING WHETHER
CERTAIN PROPERTY OWNED BY JOHN A. FERGUSON, JR.
SHOULD BE DETERMINED UNCLEAN AND UNSAFE, SUCH AS TO REQUIRE THE CLEANING OF SAID PROPERTY
The Board of Supervisors of Tunica County, Mississippi, acting for and on behalf of said County, do hereby find, determine and adjudicate as follows:
1. That John A. Ferguson, Jr. resides at 10805 Windermere Boulevard Fishurs, Indiana 46038.
2. That said property is located in a populated area of Tunica County.
3. The property is described as follows:
The following described property in Tunica County, Mississippi, to-wit:
All of Lot 5, Block 6 and the North 26 feet of Lot Six (6) of Block X of the Subdivision North of the Town of Tunica, Mississippi, being described in the Plat originally recorded in Plat Book 1 at page 22, and now recorded in Plat Book 1 at page 32 of the records in the office of the Chancery Clerk of Tunica County, Mississippi, being the property left to Tommy Collins by Willie Mae Ferguson by Will recorded in Will Book 11 at page 473 of the records of Tunica County.
4. That said property has on it a residential dwelling unit.
5. That said property is alleged to be in need of cleaning as contemplated by Section 19-5-105 of the Mississippi Code of 1972, as amended.
6. That notice should be given to the property owner by United States registered mail, return receipt requested, receipted only by addressee, notifying them of a hearing to be held by the Board of Supervisors of Tunica County, Mississippi, to determine whether or not such a state of uncleanliness as to be administered to the public health and safety of the community.
7. Additionally, notice should be given by publication in The Tunica Times, a newspaper having general circulation in Tunica County, Mississippi.
NOW THEREFORE, based upon the above and foregoing, Andrew T. Dulaney, Attorney for the Board, is hereby authorized and directed to give notice to John A. Ferguson, Jr. whose address is 10805 Windermere Boulevard, Fishurs, Indiana 46038 of a hearing to be held by the Board on Thursday, July 15, 2010, at 9:00 o’clock a.m., in the Board of Supervisors meeting room located in the Tunica County Courthouse, 1300 School Street, Tunica, Mississippi 38676. At said hearing, the Board will determine whether or not the property owned by John A. Ferguson, Jr. referred to above is in such a state of uncleanliness as to be a menace to the public health and safety of the community.
If, at said hearing, the Board of Supervisors find said property to be in a state of uncleanliness as to be a menace to the public health and safety of the community, the Board will adopt a resolution adjudicating the same and if the owner of the property has not proceeded to have the property cleaned, the Board of Supervisors will have said property cleaned.
If said property is cleaned by the Board of Supervisors, the cost of said property cleaning will be assessed against the owner.
Following the reading of the foregoing resolution, Supervisor Burnett seconded the same. Thereupon the matter was put to a roll call vote with the result as follows:
Supervisor James E. Dunn:
Supervisor Cedric Burnett:
Supervisor Paul Battle, III:
Supervisor Bobby E. Williams:
Supervisor William E. Pegram: Yea
The above and foregoing having received the majority affirmative vote of the Board of Supervisors of Tunica County, Mississippi, the President declared the same carried and adopted, this the 7th day of June 2010.
/s/ William E. Pegram, President
/s/ Susie White, Clerk
6/24, 7/1, 7/8, 673