TOOK up for consideration the Board of Supervisors of Tunica County, Mississippi, the issue of having certain property cleaned up, which property is owned by Bertha Banks. After a discussion of the same, Supervisor Dunn offered and moved for the adoption of the following resolution:
RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS GIVING NOTICE TO BERTHA BANKS OF A HEARING TO BE HELD BEFORE THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS CONCERNING WHETHER CERTAIN PROPERTY OWNED BY BERTHA BANKS SHOULD BE DETERMINED UNCLEAN AND UNSAFE, SUCH AS TO REQUIRE THE CLEANING OF SAID PROPERTY
The Board of Supervisors of Tunica County, Mississippi, acting for and on behalf of said County, hereby finds, determines and adjudicates as follows:
1. That Bertha Banks’ mailing address is P.O. Box 1941, Tunica MS 38676.
2. The Bertha Banks’ property is described as follows:
The following described real property, lying and being in the County of Tunica, State of Mississippi, to-wit:
Lot No. 18 of the Hambrick Subdivision as shown by the map or plat of said subdivision recorded in Plat Book 2, Page 12 of the records in the office of the Chancery Clerk of said County being in the Northwest Quarter (NW 1/4) of the Northwest Quarter (NW 1/4) of Section Thirty-Six (36), Township Three (3) South, Range Eleven (11) West.
Together with the tenements, hereditaments and appurtenances therein belonging or anywise thereto appertaining.
The following described property located in Section Thirty-Four (34), Township Two (2) South, Range Ten (10) West, in Tunica County, Mississippi, to-wit:
Lot 10 of Banks Acres, as shown by the Plat prepared by Rutherford & Associates, which is recorded in Plat Book 3, page 39, in the Chancery Clerk’s office of Tunica County, Mississippi.
3. That said property is located in a populated area of Tunica County.
4. That said property is alleged to be in need of cleaning as contemplated by Section 19-5-105 of the Mississippi Code of 1972, as amended.
5. That notice should be given to the property owner by United States registered mail, return receipt requested, receipted only by addressee, notifying them of a hearing to be held by the Board of Supervisors of Tunica County, Mississippi, to determine whether or not such a state of uncleanliness as to be administered to the public health and safety of the community.
6. Additionally, notice should be given by publication in The Tunica Times, a newspaper having general circulation in Tunica County, Mississippi.
NOW THEREFORE, based upon the above and foregoing, Andrew T. Dulaney, Attorney for the Board, is hereby authorized and directed to give notice to Bertha Banks whose address is P.O. Box 1941, Tunica, MS 38676 of a hearing to be held by the Board on Thursday, July 15, 2010, at 9:00 a.m., in the Board of Supervisors’ meeting room located in the Tunica County Courthouse, 1300 School Street, Tunica, Mississippi 38676. At said hearing, the Board will determine whether or not the property owned by Bertha Banks referred to above is in such a state of uncleanliness as to be a menace to the public health and safety of the community.
If, at said hearing, the Board of Supervisors find said property to be in a state of uncleanliness as to be a menace to the public health and safety of the community, the Board will adopt a resolution adjudicating the same and if the owner of the property has not proceeded to have the property cleaned, the Board of Supervisors will have said property cleaned.
If said property is cleaned by the Board of Supervisors, the cost of said property cleaning will be assessed against the owner.
Following the reading of the foregoing resolution, Supervisor Burnett seconded the same. Thereupon, the matter was put to a roll call vote with the result as follows:
Supervisor James E. Dunn:
Supervisor Cedric Burnett:
Supervisor Paul Battle, III:
Supervisor Bobby E. Williams:
Supervisor William E. Pegram:
The above and foregoing having received the majority affirmative vote of the Board of Supervisors of Tunica County, Mississippi, the President declared the same carried and adopted, this the 7th day of June 2010.
/s/ William E. Pegram, President
/s/ Susie White, Clerk
6/24, 7/1, 7/8, 700